Thursday 10 January 2013

Thing 3 - The Wiki-verse and more...

So, luckily, I've used wiki's before. Via uni and via the East Midlands Library Trainers Forum - now merged with the West Midlands group.
I'm familiar with Meet-o-Matic - we use that here for meeting scheduling, but I've not used Google Drive to share documents etc., so I guess I'll have to dip my toe in that water now...
Google Docs/Drive sounds interesting - I've not used any cloud computing and it sounds very helpful for people who are collaborating, but on different sites. I support clinical teams who work across multiple sites, so I can see how this sort of thing could be really beneficial for them, as well as for library staff covering split sites. Of course, as long as security is maintained - it could be really handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment